For an authentic taste of Mexican food you need look no further than the humble quesadilla. This delicious black bean quesadilla recipe is incredibly quick to make and at a push can be made out of purely store cupboard ingredients.
Bean Paste Ingredients
- 1 tin of black beans
- 1 teaspoon of roasted/ground cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 finely sliced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chillie
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- Juice form 1/2 lime
- Corn tortillas
- Sour cream for garnish
- Grated cheddar cheese
1. Place all of the ingredients for the past into a food mixer and blend to a rough paste.
2. Roughly chop the salsa ingredients and mix in a bowl
3. Add 2 spoonfuls of the paste and a handful of cheddar to the centre of a tortilla then spread evenly to within 3cm of the edges.
4. Fold the tortilla in half, press down and cook on a hot griddle pan (no oil needed) until slightly charred. Turn over and¬†cook the other side.
5. Serve with the salsa either on the side or placed inside each tortilla.
For an extra touch serve with a bowl¬†of our famous habanero salsa on the side for that authentic Mexican flavour.