After scratching around in the pantry the other day wondering what to rustle up for dinner I decided to try something a bit different with some potatoes that needed using up….spicy potato wedges.
Potato Wedges Ingredients
- 6 x large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon of hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (cayenne or similar)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt for seasoning
1. First of all simply wash your potatoes (no need to peel) and cut in to quarters length wise. Pat them dry with a clean hand towel and place them in a bowl.
2. Mix over the olive oil, salt and paprika & cayenne powders before mixing well with a wooden spoon.
3. Spread out the wedges onto a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your spuds!
I was amazed by how quick to prepare these were and how well they came out. They are superb served with a bowl of sour cream and our habanero salsa to dip into. Since making these i’ve also made them with a fresh rosemery coating (just substitute the paprika/cayenne for chopped rosemary) and they make a great, slightly healthier (and easier to prepare) alternative to roast potatoes.